- Orkney Tourist Information Centre: www.visitorkney.com
- Take a walk at the Gloup.
- Visit www.orkneytourisim.co.uk for images of the Gloup.
- Drive across the Churchill Barriers
- Visit the Italian Chapel
- Visit the Fossil Museum & Visitors Centre
- Visit St.Margarets Hope
- Vist www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk for images.
- Visit Leila Thomson's Tapestry Gallery
- Tomb of the Eagles: www.tomboftheeagles.co.uk
- Take a boat trip to an island and explore the history and wildlife.
- Orkney Ferries
- BBC Radio Orkney : http://www.facebook.com/pages/BBC-Radio-Orkney/31395967167
- Superstation Orkney: www.thesuperstation.co.uk
- The Orcadian newspaper: www.orcadian.co.uk
Travelling to Orkney
Travelling to Orkney has never been easier or more convenient. Please use the information below to plan your trip to Orkney.
You have a choice of sailings from Aberdeen, Scrabster, Gills Bay, John O'Groats or Shetland.
- Pentland Ferries (from Gills Bay to St Margarets Hope)
- Pier Road, St Margarets Hope, Orkney, KW17 2SW
- Tel:01856 831 226
- John O'Groats Ferries (John O'Groats to Burwick)
- Ferry Office, John O'Groats, Caithness, KW1 4YR
- This ferry is served by the Orkney Bus which leaves Inverness Bus Station and travels to John O'Groats. At Burwick travellers are met by buses and taken into Kirkwall.
- Tel: 01955 611 353
- Northlink Ferries (Aberdeen to Kirkwall, Scrabster to Stromness, Lerwick (Shetland) to Kirkwall)
- Northlink Ferries Ltd, Kiln Corner, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1QX.
- Bookings Tel: 0845 6000 449
- General enquiries Tel: 01856 885 50
- Orkney Ferries Ltd operates crossings within Orkney.
- Shore Street, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1LG
- Tel: 01856 872044
- Fax: 01856872921
- British Airways
- British Airways handle all flights into Orkney.
- Tel: 0871 700 2000
- Loganair handle all flights within Orkney
- Flight enquiries and reservations Tel: 01856 872 494
- Tel: 01856 873 457
- Fax: 018568724 20
Tel: 01856 889 040
Orkney Coaches service covers mainland of Orkney.
Tel: 01856 870555
Orkney public transport website covers air, sea and bus services
Dial-a-Bus providing bus services for people who find it difficult to access public transport through disability, mobility problems, Shopmobility services providing scooters to enable people to access shops, restaurants, etc.
Tel: 01856 871515
Scottish Citylink Coaches Limited
Buchanan Bus Station, Kikkermont street, Glasgow, G2 3NP
Tel: 08705 50 50 50
Bob's Taxi Service
58 Junction Road, Kirkwall, KW15 1AG
West Tankerness Lane, Kirkwall, KW15 1AL
Drive Orkney car and van hire
Orkney car hire
W R Tullock
01856 875500 or 01856 876262
Orkney Cycle Hire
- Dawn Star Boat Trips 01856876743
- Explore Orkney Tours 07934839058
- Groat's Charters 01856711254
- Orcadian Wildlife 01856831240
- Orkney Archaeology Tours 01856721450
- Orkney Island Holidays 01856711373
- Orkney Tourist Guide Association
- Orkney Tour Guiding Services 01856741433
- Orkney Tours Operated by Stagecoach in Orkney 01856870555
- Pettlandssker Boat Trips 01856831605
- Westraak 01857677777
- Wildabout Orkney 01856877737
- See Orkney - Orkney Tour Guide Service 01856870635
- Tour Orkney - Orkney Islands Guided Tours 01856873885